oats

hi -- one more use for oats -- one of my favorite breakfast foods.

Scones

1/2 C rice or soy milk
1 C oats

mix together and set aside

in another bowl mix
1C flour
1 1/2 t baking powder
1/2 t baking soda
2 T sugar

into this crumble 4 T  margarine

mix together with the oat/milk mixture.

form into little crescents onto a greased pan.

brush the tops with rice or soy milk or water -- this keeps them from
being prickly on top.

i also like to mix in dates; i have also mixed in semi sweet choc. chips
(yum!)
you could probably mix in whatever you like (nut, berry, etc.).

Okay-first question, can I use a sub for the margarine (is that low
fat). Second question, after I brush the tops...then what?
TIA

Apryl

ps-I have gotten some really great suggestions-thanks to everyone.
Someone did mention Oatmeal bread-any good recipes out there?