Fresh Grape Leaves

Does anyone know if it is possible to use fresh grape leaves
instead of the expensive preserved ones you can buy in the
supermarket?  My grapevines are at their peak now, and I
would like to make some dolmas with the leaves.  It seems
that sometime ago I read that you could boil them in water
for a little before stuffing.  Can anyone help?
  TIA     Marie Eubanks in Murfreesboro TN