Re: Non-stick frying pans

Jessica R. Shawl wrote:

>   I'd recommend taking a look at the Consumer Reports recommendations
> for non-stick pans.  I have the '95 listing and the #1 pan listed by far
> (the only one they ranked as "excellent") is called Scanpan 2001
>
>  From Consumer Reports, Scanpan is not one of the most expensive, has a
> life time warrenty, you can use metal utensils and scrub pads on it, all
> pans can go in the oven up to 500 degrees, and they are dishwasher safe.
>
> I haven't tried them yet myself

Jessica,

	I owned a scanpan about 5-7 years ago.  I bought it to go from stove
top to oven.  It did that, but I didn't find it to be very non-stick,
even though I was cooking things like b**f stew etc. in it back then.  I
finally gave it to Salvation Army.  It also seemed expensive to me, like
$100 for a maybe 6 QT. covered pan, for something that didn't perform.
Hope you have better luck.  Maybe they've changed the way they make them
now.

Kate