Re: Please - watch the tofu!!!

On Sat, 22 Aug 1998 RubyTues59@xxxxxxx wrote:

> Hi, all,
>
> I noted Karen Lim's tofu pudding submission with interest and confusion.  It
> sounded really great but I was worried about the fat content due to the tofu,
> so I ran it through the RecipeCalc program.  Sure enough, there were 3.4g of
> fat per serving, making it 27.4% of the total calories of 107.  This is very

If you use Mori-Nu Lite firm tofu it comes to .9 g fat, 76 cal per
serving (10% cff)

The moral is:  not all tofu is created equal.  Be sure to read the label.

Jenny Herl              |   "The world has enough for everyone's need,
jlherl@xxxxxxxx         |    but not enough for everyone's greed."
University of Illinois  |
Urbana-Champaign        |    --attributed to Mahatma Ghandi (1869-1948)