High Triglycerides

Hi Laura,

I went to a VLF Diet last August because of some heart problems.  In Dr.
Dean Ornish's book Reveresing Heart Disease he says that it is not uncommon
when you go on a low fat diet that your LDL will lower and the HDL will
raise.  Also that the Triglycerides in some people raise also.  My
Triglycidrides raised to 295 which is high for me.  I do drink alcohol that
might cause it (1oz of alcohol a day).  I',m going to quit the alcohol
until my next blood works and change nothing else to see if that will make
a difference.

Also The American Heart Ass. states that desirable level of Triglycidrides
is<250
Borderline is 250 - 500,  High is >500.

Hope this helps.
Bob