Stevia?

Any comments from anyone on any "natural" sweetners other than Stevia? I
don't care for the latter . . . Incidentally, approx. a year ago I searched
for a sweetner and posted an open e-mail at a site and rec'd a reply from a
Ph.d who stated that in his estimation the safest sweetner is Stevia and
Sweet n' Low would be his second choice. Of course, many of us know by now
that Aspartame is deadly. So, any suggestions are welcome. I can't bring to
mind the new sweetner on the market...hmmmm, it's on the tip of my tongue.
Anyway, I tried it and don't like it. Comes in a box ... like by the
spoonful.