canola oil

Hi Shell,

Funny you should ask this.  The topic came up in a nutrition class I just
finished.  Canola oil is made from rape seeds and originated in Canada.  The
makers didn't think something called rape seed oil would sell so they
changed the name to canola (the can in the name is for Canada but I can't
remember what the ola part is).  The oil from rape seeds is on a par with
olive oil -- if you're going to have any oil, these are the preferrable
ones, but as someone recently pointed out fat is fat and going overboard on
any of them is not healthy.

Susan Swierkowski
susan.swierkowski@xxxxxxxxx