Re: pizza sauce

">
> Does anybody know what herbs and spices are in the traditional
tomato-based
> pizza sauce? A full-fledged recipe would be greatly appreciated as well.

well i can't give you a recipe, since i basically just dump a can of plain
tomato sauce in my saucepan and start throwing spices in, to taste. here's
what i add (no measurements tho, i simply throw stuff in there)

garlic (preferably fresh, minced, and start small because the flavor takes
awhile)
sauteed minced onion (brown the onion just a bit)
oregano
basil
salt
pepper
minced sauteed mushrooms (optional)
minced sauteed green pepper (optional)

i have also had fantastic pizza sauce with sliced green and black olives. i
hope this helps