New Orleans restaurants

Gloriamarie asked for info on restaurants in New Orleans. My dad lives there, so on a visit a couple of years ago I was able to do some exploring of the veggie friendly restaurants!

Here's two good ones:
Old Dog New Trick Cafe, 307 Exchange Alley, French Quarter, 522-4569. Delicious(!) but a bit pricey. We sat outside in a cute little courtyard and were the only customers (I don't know why--the food was delicious, and the waiter was so friendly and great!). They have amazing delicious food, interesting specials. I highly recommend it. Also, the Praline Connection at 542 Frenchmen Street (in the Quarter), (504) 943-3934 is DELICIOUS. Has soul food, vegetarian rice and beans, boiled greens, yum, yum!

I found those references at the following website:
http://www.veg.org/veg/Guide/USA/Louisiana/New_Orleans.html

although it has been said before that the website has not been updated since 1996, it is still a good place to start--many of the places listed are still in business. When I went to New Orleans, I just printed out the page and brought it with me, and was I glad, because I found some great places!

Cyleste

cyleste@xxxxxxxx